Birder's Eye View

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Answers to the Audubon Impractical Exam

Although no one responded to the "Audubon Impractical Final Exam" I posted last week, I'll post the answers anyway, as promised.

The Audubon Impractical Final Exam
The answer to each question is a pun or a play on words. For example... Question: What bird is a letter? Answer: Jay! Get the picture? Okay…

What bird……….
  • Is fast? SWIFT
  • Is slow? TURTLE dove
  • Is a wizard? MERLIN
  • Is acrid? BITTERN
  • Is uneven? RUFF
  • Is a clown? COOT
  • Is sad? MOURNING dove
  • Is a fish? HERRING gull
  • Is silly? LOON
  • Has been seen? SPOTTED owl
  • Is a mammal? CATbird
  • Is crazy? CUCKOO

I know, these puns are REALLY bad. I apologise. ;-)

Happy birding!

2 Comments:

  • Actually, they're pretty good. I should've thought of some of them at least.

    I came across one quiz recently that asked people to guess the bird based on the literal translation of it's latin name.

    Happy Birding! --Chris

    By Blogger Chris W, At January 11, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

  • I enjoyed reading this earthbird and I think they are good!

    Would you like to exchange links with me ?

    By Blogger Amila Salgado, At January 12, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home