Birder's Eye View

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Do you hear what I hear?

Sometimes it's just as exciting to hear a bird, as it is to see one. I haven't seen any new species lately -- just the usual Warblers, Woodpeckers, Goldfinches and Chickadees.

But today I heard a new sound, and it sounded very much like this. Can you guess what it it is? A Barred Owl! I saw a Barred Owl when I was little, but like the Purple Galinule, I haven't seen or heard one since I started birding.

When I heard the Owl today, it was far off in the cypress swamp, and a very startling sound to hear in mid-morning. I'm still not sure why it was calling at that time of day, but I'm sure it had its reasons. :-)

Anywho, it was a fun holiday surprise.

Until next time,


Happy Birding!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home