Birder's Eye View

Monday, December 10, 2007

They're here!

At last! The American Goldfinches have arrived! Gotta love winter migration, when you live in the south.

I know most people don't think much of Goldfinches one way or another, but they just captivate me. I think they're beautiful and fascinating to watch.

When I first saw them a few weeks ago, I didn't even recognise them as Goldfinches at first glance. They were gone for a few days, and then a couple showed up at my feeders, brown in color, but with their characteristic black wings with white patches.

As the weeks have gone by, they're becoming more and more yellow, and quite plentiful around my yard. I counted seven at my feeder this morning. Most of them are female, but I think there are a couple males around.

I'll try to get a good picture, soon.


Happy Birding!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home