Birder's Eye View

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Purple Galinule

Saw a new bird today (well, semi-new). A Purple Galinule! I may have seen one a long time ago before I got into birding, but this year it's going on to my year list as #125.

I also saw lots of Brown Pelicans, Turkey Vultures, Anhingas, Double-Crested Cormorants, Osprey, and Terns.

And considering I wasn't even out to go birding, I'd say that's a pretty good list for the day. :-) The Purple Galinule was definitely my favorite find though. Very cool bird.

Until next time,

Happy birding!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Nice find Andrea. Galinules are VERY cool birds. I haven't seen one in soooo long... Next time I'm in Fl, I have to get a pic of one. (come to think of it, I said the same thing about Swallow-tailed Kite....) lol

    Happy Birding! --Chris

    By Blogger Chris W, At December 21, 2007 at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home