Birder's Eye View

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Good news and bad news

Let's start with the bad news: it turns out I've been miscounting my life list. Apparently, some birds had been repeated and/or counted twice (due to messy handwriting). This unfortunately brought my life list down by 2 birds.

On a happier note, I received new binoculars and a bird feeder for Christmas! One squirrel has already found the feeder, and I have been intermittently trying to fend it off while typing this entry.

The binoculars are amazing, and work so much better than the ancient pair I had been using before. I can't wait to go birding again!

And last but not least, I finally (finally, finally, finally!!!!) saw a European Starling!! Finally! They're such common birds here, but I've never seen one before and it's been driving me insane. I saw one up close today, standing on a birdhouse and in full winter plumage. It was making the most fascinating sounds.

Well, that's all for now. Until next time...

Happy birding!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Nice find with the starling. They may be European but when the sunlight catches them just right, they're really pretty. I'd certainly trade you a few of our starlings. There's too many of them here.
    nice that you got new bins. I'm still stuck with my 30 year old ones.

    Happy Birding! --Chris

    By Blogger Chris W, At January 2, 2008 at 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home