Birder's Eye View

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Monk Parakeets

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer; it sings because it has a song." - Maya Angelou

Parakeets. What is there to say about parakeets? They're talkative (always in some way or another), typically colorful (though not in all cases), and rather diverse in more ways than one.

Today I saw two Monk Parakeets today a few miles from home, sitting on some powerlines. Not very unusual or monumental in any way, but I can at least add them to my list.

Hmm... Wish I had more to say, but alas, there is nothing new to report on. I'm going birding tomorrow, so hopefully (fingers crossed) I'll have some uber-cool pictures to post and life birds to add to the list!

Happy birding!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Nice Andrea. That's one bird I won't get at all.
    lol BTW, I hope, by saying you're "going birding", that you mean you're going on a special outing specifically to see birds? hehe, I should hope that you're birding every time you're out! :D
    lol sorry, I couldn't resist.
    once a birder, always a birder they say.

    By Blogger Chris W, At April 3, 2008 at 2:15 AM  

  • Haha, yes, that's what I mean by "going birding."

    It's true though -- I'm always birding, any time I'm outside or near a window! :-)

    Andrea

    By Blogger Andrea, At April 3, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home