Birder's Eye View

Friday, February 29, 2008

Ecclectic Findings

Well, I haven't done any "official" birding in a while, but I did finish this sketch last night. I've been seeing a lot of Anhingas lately, and I realized I've never tried drawing one before. So, on a lark (ha, no bird pun intended), I found a cool photo of an Anhinga in my 1968 Florida Birds book.
Today, I saw a Pileated Woodpecker making short work of an oak tree (see below).
I got some great shots of this guy, since he was so close to where I was standing. Then, when I got home and was trying to finish up some schoolwork, an American Robin landed on my birdbath. Got some nice pics of this one, too.

So far, my year list is up to an even 60. I had totally forgotten to count the House Finch I saw a few weeks ago at the hotel when I was in Juniper Springs. Glad I remembered!

Happy birding!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home