Birder's Eye View

Friday, February 15, 2008

GBBC - Day 1

Well, so far the Great Backyard Bird Count hasn't been so great for me. I haven't seen half as many birds as I usually see in my area.

Here are my GBBC totals:

Observation Date: FEB 15, 2008
Start Time: 9:30 AM
Total Birding Time: 1 hour (off and on throughout the day)
Party Size: 1
Skill: good
Weather: excellent
Habitat(s): rural suburban freshwater
Number of Species: 6
All Reported: yes

Checklist:

  • Red-shouldered Hawk - 1
  • Fish Crow - 7
  • Palm Warbler - 4
  • Chipping Sparrow - 1
  • Northern Cardinal - 1
  • American Goldfinch - 3

Fortunately, this is just day 1 -- Three more days to go, so hopefully I'll have a more impressive list by the end of the weekend. Fingers crossed!

Happy birding.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home