Birder's Eye View

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Score!!

"Birds sing after a storm; why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever remains to them?" -Rose F. Kennedy

I was looking back over some of the photos from the nesting seabird fieldtrip my class took the other day, and I realized I had misidentified one of the species!

Never having seen a Dowitcher before, I didn't even recognize them in my photos. However, when some of my classmates IDed the birds as Short-billed Dowitchers, I was ecstatic when I looked back through my own photos and found I have pictures of the bird as well. In the above photo, I have drawn arrows pointing out the Dowitchers amongst the Willets and Godwits.

I am really happy -- that's year bird #96!

Happy birding!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home