Birder's Eye View

Sunday, August 10, 2008

The college try

I am sitting here writing this from my college dorm. I didn't know when I'd have time to blog, but, despite having homework the first day of class yesterday (yes, we had to go to class on Saturday), I was able to get everything done with time to spare.

The college campus is beautiful, and should be *amazing* during migration season. Already yesterday I saw a life bird as I was coming out of the opening ceremonies: A Black Skimmer!

I took my swimming test yesterday so I am cleared to take out kayaks whenever I want. So, if I ever get a few free hours, I am definitely going to go out and explore the bay and surrounding islands.

There are already a ton of birds out here, even in the height of summer. My roommate and I had dinner out by the water this evening, and watched terns, pelicans, gulls, herons, egrets, anhingas, and other common shorebirds.

College itself is going to take some getting used to. I'm not sure if I like it yet, but I'm giving it a try. If I can get through this, I know I can accomplish great things.

Happy birding!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home