Birder's Eye View

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Painting a Bunting (in 3:30 minutes)

"Use whatever talent you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sing the best."
- Henry Van Dyke

This afternoon, I randomly decided to try and create somewhat of a timelapse myself painting a bird picture. Once I got this idea in my head, I spent the next few hours painting, filming, editing, and uploading my movie.

After condensing the one hour film down to three and a half minutes and putting it to music, I have to admit, even I was impressed. :-)

Unfortunately, the quality isn't so good because I was filming with my digital camera, but hey, what I can say? It sure was fun!

Happy birding!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Very nice painting! That must have been some work making the time lapse fit into the William Tell overture. How long did it actually take you to do the entire painting?

    Haha, I didn't pay attention to the title at first and I thought it said "Painted Bunting in 3:30 minutes". lol
    Indigo is nice though.
    You should try the same thing with a Painted Bunting.

    By Blogger Chris W, At April 26, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

  • Thank you! It was so much fun (difficult and annoying, but fun!). It actually took me about an hour to do the entire painting.

    Haha, yes, I sort of made the title a pun on purpose. But that's a good idea -- I think I will try it again with a Painted Bunting. And some better lighting. :-)

    Happy birding!
    Andrea

    By Blogger Andrea, At April 27, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home