Birder's Eye View

Friday, December 19, 2008

CBC, Here I come!

Okay. I'm psyched. I just signed on for my very first Christmas Bird Count.

I was kinda-sorta planning on maybe trying to get involved this year, but I didn't quite expect it to unfold the way it did.

While I was volunteering at the nature preserve today, I was chatting with one of the staff members, and he told me that the local CBC would be doing part of their count at preserve on Sunday.

The next thing I knew, he had left a message with this lady who is apparently in charge, and then about an hour later, she actually showed up, and handed me the phone number of someone else I was supposed to call.

When I got home, I called the number, and after explaining who I was, the man said that he had been told about me, and had a spot left open for the CBC!

So, I am set to meet everyone at 6:45am on Sunday at the preserve's research center. I'm a little freaked out -- I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm not sure if anyone I know will be there. But hey, life's an adventure.

Happy birding!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home