Birder's Eye View

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Pictures and more

Hmm.. two posts in one day. Something I don't normally do, but this is mostly just pictures.

One thing I'd like to add is that I put up a poll for you to vote on the name of this blog. See, I've been thinking of getting a more original title, since, when you google "earthbird" a ton of unrelated results come up.

So, I've been considering finding something more unique. But, I want to hear what you think! Please vote and comment below so I know whether I should change it or not.

Now, on to the pictures. Above is the little Eastern Pheobe that seems to be inhabiting the Project Feederwatch site.

There are a ton of palm warblers there, as well. I got dozens of pictures; here a couple of the best/most interesting shots.

(I just think this one is funny!)
Quaker parrots! I *finally* got some pictures of them! There are flocks of them all over campus, but I never have my camera when I see them.


And finally, one of my most exciting finds of the week -- the American Bittern! I got so many pictures of this bird, since it sat still the entire time, playing dead, or otherwise hoping I would lose interest and leave it alone.

Happy birding!

1 Comments:

  • Nice shots! Especially the Bittern. I've seen one of those only once. Never did get a picture either. You got lucky. They're elusive birds at best.

    Cool Palm Warblers. You don't mention your Pine Warbler though. That's a nice shot.

    Happy Birding!

    By Blogger Chris W, At November 10, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home