Birder's Eye View

Monday, July 27, 2009

This is the West!

"How very pleasant it is to be naïve enough to be excited by things which the natives of an area take for granted."
– Phoebe Snetsinger

I'm going to be M.I.A. from the blogosphere for the next few weeks, off on a journey out west.

With any luck, I'll be seeing American dippers, Western kingbirds, gray jays, ring-necked pheasants, mountain bluebirds, prairie falcons, black-capped chickadees, and a host of other lifers. Oh the joys of traveling as a "beginner" birder!

This will be my first trip to the midwest, and I can't wait to see what it's going to be like.

Until I get back,

Happy birding!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • Where are you heading to? Technically, we live in the midwest. Although I have always wondered if MI should be more aptly called the midnorth LOL. Have a fun and safe trip.

    By Blogger Jessica - Magical Mundane, At July 30, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

  • The Midwest?? Oh you southerners....... lol
    SD is in the Great Plains! WI, IL, IA, MN, MI, IN, are the states in the midwest. :D Hehe, sorry, just had to correct where the Midwest was. ;) lol

    By Blogger Chris W, At August 13, 2009 at 4:14 AM  

  • I stand corrected -- and it is now quite clear after having spent almost 3 weeks out there that South Dakota is, indeed, in the great plains. :-) (Travel does wonders for one's sense of perspective and geography!) My bad!

    By Blogger Andrea, At August 18, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home