Birder's Eye View

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Passing the time

This world is but a canvas to our imagination.
- Henry David Thoreau

While much of the country is experiencing extreme temperatures, my little corner of the world is no exception.

With daily temperatures in the 90s-feels-like-110, I am left with little motivation to even attempt birding. Just stepping outside my front door, I am slammed into a wall of thick, hot, humid air. Yuck.

I can't complain though. Living in Florida my whole life, I know the nature of summer here. While most living things go into hibernation during the winter up north, I've always thought of it as the opposite down here. The trees may be green and lively, but everything else seems to hunker down quietly out of sight for the duration of the season.

To pass the time until the rains decide to return and cool down the stifling heat, I decided to paint a new picture the other day. It didn't come out exactly the way I wanted it (never does!), but it's acceptable.

Until next time,

Happy birding!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home