Birder's Eye View

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Summer at last

By date, alone, it is not summer, but I think nature has other ideas. Driving home from college yesterday, I got some photos of the spectacular thunderstorms raging out over the bay. It was a quite a display -- lightning spiderwebbed across the steel-blue sky and the water boasted an odd seafoam green color, tossing white-capped waves over one another.

Thunderstorms are a sure sign that summer is here.

Today I took full advantage of my first day of summer break, not having any classes or meetings or obligations, and tried sketching a Prairie Warbler. It's hard to draw such a colorful bird in black and white, but I think I managed to pull it off, sort of.

Well, if the weather improves tomorrow, I'll try to get out and do some birding.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home