Birder's Eye View

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new year of birding

Happy New Year!

My New Year's day has been alright, though oddly quiet as far as birding goes. There was nothing at my feeders or in the yard all day long -- not even squirrels (until just now, as I'm looking out my window).

Somehow though, I managed to see 5 species today, elsewhere in the neighborhood. I thought this seemed rather meager, but, looking back at my 2008 list, I only saw 6 birds the first day. So I suppose 5 isn't that far off.

My first species of 2009 were the Turkey Vulture, 2 Mallards, a Little Blue Heron, a Red-shouldered Hawk (heard, not seen), and Tufted Titmice.

Tomorrow I have more to look forward to, as I will be attending my second CBC. At the last one, we got 30 species in about 4 hours, so this should give me a good jump start on my year list.

Until next time,

Happy birding!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home