Birder's Eye View

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Small milestone for the life list

I haven't tallied up my birding lists since summer. I have all the totals scribbled down in my old travel log, so it didn't take long to transcribe everything into my (somewhat unkempt) Word docs and organize everything again.

I was quite thrilled to find that my year list has reached 136 (my best year yet) and my life list has finally reached -- and surpassed -- 200! It's actually at 201, to be exact. My 200th bird apparently was the Gray Jay I saw in SD last August, and the 201st was the White Pelican (seen over my college campus last month).

After the CBCs this year, I may have one or two more for the life list and probably a good handful more year birds. I'm pretty happy right now though. The list is growing, slowly but surely!

Until next time,

Happy birding!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home