Birder's Eye View

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy happy happy!

I do believe -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- I just got a picture of a Great-crested Flycatcher!

Finally!! I was just sitting here at my desk, when I heard "Rrrreep!" I glanced over, to see if it was in the tree, and lo and behold, it was sitting RIGHT outside my window above the birdfeeder.

By some great miracle, I actually had my camera next to me, and I managed to snap the picture moments before the bird took off.

Okay. I am happy. Very happy. I've been wanting to get a picture of this bird since the moment I first glimpsed it a couple months ago.

Happy, happy birding!

2 Comments:

  • Nice picture! I had a similar opportunity recently.
    At the WSO convention, we were hiking at cliffside park on the lake when a GCFL flew down within easy photo range and sat still. I got several dozen pictures. Only a few came out really good though.

    By Blogger Chris W, At June 8, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

  • Wow, very cool! What a fun experience, huh? :-)

    By Blogger Andrea, At June 9, 2008 at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home