Birder's Eye View

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Random sketches

Just thought I'd post some of my latest sketches, seeing as I haven't gone birding in a while. Below is a basic silhouette I drew yesterday. I was sort of experimenting with the lighting, shadows and shading a bit.

The next picture was drawn a while ago. I sort of got the idea from the Beatles' song, "Blackbird." I don't know why, but the picture came out almost cartoonish. And finally I have a Common Loon sketch. I like Loons. I saw lots of them last year in Maine, and heard them every night.

Hopefully I'll get to go birding again soon, and *fingers crossed* get some new species on my list!

Happy birding

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Very nice Andrea! You're getting more elaborate.
    I wish I could sketch like that.....
    I guess I'll just stick to photography for now.......

    By Blogger Chris W, At May 31, 2008 at 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home