Birder's Eye View

Thursday, January 5, 2012

¡Vamonos a Honduras!

A little over 17 hours from now (at 4am!) I will be embarking on a new journey: to the Caribbean! After a couple hours on a plane and a few hours on a bus, I will be spending the weekend in Honduras before another bus ride, another short plane ride, and just under two weeks on the island of Roatan.

This isn't quite a vacation though -- the trip is part of a short term study abroad program through my school, where I will be learning about tropical marine environments of Roatan. Along with my class, I will be attending lectures, going on field trips, and snorkeling at least once day around the coral reef to conduct a research project.

I'm not sure how much time all this will leave for birding, but I will certainly be keeping a keen eye out for Honduran avifauna whenever I'm not underwater. In Copan, we are supposedly visiting a bird park at the beginning of the trip, so hopefully I'll be able to get a good idea of what to look out for.

Once I get back to the states in a few weeks, I expect it will be pretty busy. I'm teaching a beginning birding class the weekend after I return, plus I will be finishing research for my class project, studying for senior exams, and applying for post-graduate jobs. Yikes!

But, one day at a time. Until next time,

Happy birding!

3 Comments:

  • I wish you much fun there!
    You can also see some nice animals while snorkeling. Don't be too fixed on birds. Marine wildlife can be more than awesome!

    I wish you nice birds and also other nice stuff!

    Sincerely Mathieu

    By Blogger Mathieu W, At January 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM  

  • Thanks for the comment! It was an amazing trip (I'll be posting about it later) and I did get to see a ton of cool wildlife of all different kinds. The biodiversity down there is incredible!

    By Blogger Andrea, At January 20, 2012 at 1:01 PM  

  • Jili Slot เป็นผู้ให้บริการเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์และก็สล็อตออนไลน์ มีเกมสนุกสนานๆให้เลือกเล่นมาก สามารถเข้าไปเล่น jili slot เล่นผ่านเว็บไซต์ของพวกเราได้เลย ที่เว็บไซต์ pgslot

    By Anonymous jili slot, At September 19, 2022 at 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home