Birder's Eye View

Thursday, June 2, 2011

New bird sketches

It's been a long time -- and I mean a LONG time -- since I've drawn anything so I figured today it was time to break out the pencils and reconnect with my inner artiste.

Not too shabby for not having drawn in about 5 months! This was sketched from a photo my mother took of a Hairy Woodpecker nesting in our neighbor's pine tree. The chick is just about to fledge, and has been poking its head out when the mother comes to feed it.

This was drawn from a photo of an Eastern Screech Owl in my NWF Field Guide to Birds of North America. I'm really happy with how it came out, for the most part. It took a good 2 hours or so to finish.

Happy birding!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home