Birder's Eye View

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kayaking around

Just wanted to post a few pictures that I took yesterday while kayaking with a friend around school. Haven't had much time to get outside lately, but yesterday was an exception. Fantastic fall weather coming in, beautiful day out, and the water was a still as could be -- perfect paddling conditions! Saw lots of wildlife and the usual birds, so it was a lovely afternoon. Hopefully I'll be getting outside more in the next few weeks!




Happy birding!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I've always heard there are jellyfish in the gulf but I've never seen them. Great picture you took on this one. Was it near Fort Desoto? Makes me not want to get in the water.

    By Blogger Dina, At October 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM  

  • Yeah, it was sort of new Ft. Desoto. Closer to Boca Ciega Bay, actually, although I have seen jellyfish at Ft. Desoto before (including a giant Moon Jelly a couple years ago!). I agree, it does make you want to take extra care where you step in the water!

    By Blogger Andrea, At October 17, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home