Birder's Eye View

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Northern Ireland

As promised, here are the rest of my Irish birds from my recent backpacking trip. It occurred to me as I was uploading these that they were all taken in the same place -- at Colin Glen Forest Park. I did see many of these birds in other place, but I happened to photograph them all in the same place. The park, by the way, was excellent for birding!

Grey Wagtail. I was super excited to find this one -- it was foraging around in the fast-moving water for the longest time. Very cool bird!

Chaffinch. These were fairly common, although not easy to photograph. Neat looking little birds though.

Coal Tit. This was the only one of its kind I saw (or was able to ID at least!). More common were Great Tits and Blue Tits.

Wood Pigeon. These were *everywhere* and quite annoying too. Everytime I thought I saw a new bird, it was another Wood Pigeon...

Song Thrush. This bird offered us a great view, as it sat alone on a branch happily singing along to itself.

Not as many new birds in Northern Ireland as there were in the Republic, but it was a fun trip anyhow. Both countries were absolutely gorgeous, very friendly, and provided an overall totally amazing experience.

Now as spring is finally moving in to the UK I'll hopefully start seeing more things around London. I'll be visiting a few parks over the next few days, and in a few weeks if all goes as planned I'll be headed up into the mountains of Wales for some spring break backpacking.

Until next time,

Happy birding!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home